- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 can tomato sauce
- herbs and spices as desired
- pizza ingredients as desired (pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions, olives, etc.)
- Mix ingredients in a mixer and let rest.
- While the dough is rising, warm sauce and let it simmer.
- Roll out dough until it is thin, but thick enough that it won't break when folded.
- Place a layer of sauce over the dough that completely covers it nearly to the edges.
- Fold the dough over so you have a crescent shape.
- Pinch the edges shut.
- Cut 3-4 slits into the top of the calzone and brush the top of the calzone with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-16 minutes, depending on how thick your dough was.
- The calzones are served well with marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
View original post here